I found this recipe about two years ago and it has become a staple in our home.
It is often the recipe I share with most of my guests that come to visit, so if you have been in my home in the past two years then I am sure you have had this amazing dish!
Also, most of you who have visited have asked me for the recipe, so here it is!
Korean Beef Bowl
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil (for skillet)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- Cooked rice for serving
- In small bowl, whisk together brown sugar, soy sauce, sesame oil, red pepper flakes, + ginger
- Heat vegetable oil in skillet and add garlic. Cook + stir
- Add ground beef, cook until browned (approx. 5 minutes)
- Drain excess fat
- Stir in soy sauce mixture + green onions, simmer
- Garnish with sesame seeds + serve with rice immediately