I have lost count of how many safaris I have been on. Isn’t that a little bit crazy to say that? I would have never imagined in my whole entire life that I would have gotten the opportunity to go on even ONE safari and now I have lost count. The Lord surprises me daily in his goodness and the beauty of safari never dulls.
I love being able to take friends out on the dirt roads and see them in awe at the first elephant they spot or the surprised look on their face when a giraffe crosses the road in front of us. It is simply amazing. You are in these animals home and being able to see them in the wild exemplifies Gods creation. He painted this beautiful masterpiece that we get to enjoy. I try to not take for granted that this is my backyard or at least only two hours away from us. We can go and experience an African Safari often, which is a bucket list item for most people, so we are blessed.
I am one of those people that does not like to watch movies more than once or many places, I do not desire to go back once I visit, but there are a few things that entice me and fill me with life. It is those activities or places that I crave to return to. This list includes, skydiving, white water rafting on the Nile, zip lining inCosta Rica, hiking to Macchu Picchu, a few more… and African Safaris.
So, why does the red dirt road keep calling my name?
- Get Away. It always me to get away from the workload. Sometimes life can be overwhelming with the hustle and bustle. You have deadlines, appointments, playdates, etc. Being able to pack the car and go on a weekend safari with my family is rejuvenating. We get to be a couple of hours away from home while immersing ourselves in an environment that is awe inspiring.
- Affordable. Being a resident, driving yourself and knowing the right people make the safari life an easy option for a quick trip or get away. We can afford it and we love to be in the wild with our animal friends.
- Wild Animals! Duh! This part is a no brainer, but being in the wild with all of our furry friends is pretty awesome. My heart still always flutters when I see a baby elephant with her mama, I still think monkeys are fun to watch and I am still so surprised when I see a lion as if it was the first one I ever saw. Being in there home and experiencing these animals in the wild is simply amazing.
- The Scenery. You are surrounded by some gorgeous grasslands, mountains and valleys. The scenery alone is breathtaking. It is different then being on the ocean in Costa Rica or on top of a mountain in Alaska, but it is just as beautiful in its own unique way. Just close your eyes and imagine yourself watching the sunset perfectly over an acacia tree and at that moment a family of elephants walk by or zebras come along. Its the atmosphere of it all that takes your breath away.
- The People. There are so many people coming from all over the place to cross the African Safari off their bucket list, so you meet some pretty cool people. That alone makes any trip fun when you can connect with people from all corners of the earth.
I tend to always send a personal invite to you, but I am serious. My husband and I have an open door policy at our home. Our neighbors, our boys, friends and complete strangers walk through our doors at times, so you are more than welcome to be one of those people. If you ever are planning to make it to this side of the world, budget for a safari. You can find super affordable options or can choose to go all out, but my one piece of advice to you is: If you are coming allllllll the way to East Africa, go on a safari! You never know when you will get the opportunity again and you do not want to miss out.
The beauty of a safari is indescribable and you need to experience it for yourself.
“The only man I envy is the man who has not yet been to Africa because he has so much to look forward to.”